Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2013

Good bye NZ: Auckland and conclusio

once again a great weekend with Stuart and on Mount Manaia


and then to my last few days in Auckland, autumn is here!
















 

Dacia my host family's daughter picked me up and we had nice chats, she is a great cook!

next day, fresh washed sky, and i went on the ferry

 


to Rangitoto island, a volcanoe which has erupted only 700 yeaers ago, and to the neighbouring island, which is much older and very green and fertile, a guy gave me a ride to up there and I hiked back with great views over the bay, to Auckland and to Cromandel! 


 up thruogh the lava to the crater rim and top

on the boat I met Terry from England,


 and had a nice evening at the harbour!
  day 3, started grey but we were optimistic and went to lovely Waiheke island with lots of bays and hills, took a bike and wanted to do a really big bike tour...
 but rain came closer and closer :(  but we went swimming on Palm beach :)



and even after, when it started pouring, we had fun and went swimming in the rain! no beach holiday sun feeling but nice nevertheless!


  a few tones just for us...


and on my last day, with rain again, a nice sunset and a last view down to town from Mount Eden, a last good bye...




My time in New Zealand was great. I was sooo lucky with weather and people. I want to come back. The South is more interesting because different from Europe, wild and vast, and the North has got many nice beaches and there is the Tongariro left to be done!
Kiwis are open friendly and helpsome and much more relaxed than Europeans.
Only a dead possum is a good possum (thats what THEY say)
and so much more to say....

good bye!












Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen