Mittwoch, 17. Juli 2013

Fiji 4: a loooong trip to Taveuni

a spontaneous decision without knowing what I had to expect: going to the northern islands, Vanua Levu and Taveuni. 4 days travelling, 2 1/2 days on Taveuni... with rain. I was really happy haha!

3.00 getting up
3.30 on a truck
5.00 on a bus
6.00on a boat
12.00 on a bus on Vanua Levu
15.00 arrival in Savusavu

 Adam and Adam checking options on Taveuni





  pine forest almost as at home!

next day
6.00 getting up
7.00 on a bus
10 to 11 waiting
11.00 on a boat
13.00 arrival on Taveuni

welcome by the police commander of Taveuni! and perspnal delivery to my guesthouse in Matei (Beverly campground)






 Kava ceremony with the police :)

 grey skies....



Sosi and Ila from the guesthouse and diving


on the next day, on the way to the waterfalls, water falls from above!


 yes I DID cross this river!


after, hiking 7km in the rain all by myself to Lavena village at the end of the world...




finally arrived! google> Lavena coastal walk! very nice with sunshine!

 a bit depressed!
but at least I did not pay 3600 USD or more per night like the RICH people on Didi mateschitz's 7 star resort island www.laucala.com !

 no rain in the morning yeah!

 scool children on their way on the coastal walk




swimming was impossible cause of the high water and strong current. but at least I got myself soaked and refreshed!


 Adam from the US who gave me the idea of travelling to TAveuni,w ithout knowing  how far it was!


of course: leaving and the sun comes out!


the way back: I think this ws the worst decision and the worst time during my whole trip (actually it was the ONLY bad time so far)
but looking back I can laugh about it and I am happy to have seen it. would never do it again, though. not like THIS!

11.00 on the bus from Lavena to the ferry
13.30 at the ferry jetty
boat arrives at 18.00 instead of 14.00
waiting waiting waiting!



on the boat at 19.00
leaving at 21.15
stops in Savusavu and koro
arrival in Suva: 18.30 the next day! I LOVED it ....haha




others were suffering with me, too...





SUVA!

more news soon!

BULA

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen