Dienstag, 30. Juli 2013

A great day with great people in a great city

Tuesday
I know again what makes travelling so good: people!
After a few tired days I am again happy to be here in the middle of my trip and experiencing all this!

ALL THE PICTURES ARE ON FACEBOOK!

https://www.facebook.com/karin.hohensinner.5/media_set?set=a.10151762997774802.1073741831.848934801&type=3&uploaded=9


I had a wonderful breakfast with Kate.
http://www.cyril-boutique.com/

Look at this KUGELHOPF (!!) please!!!

and this breakfast! and those sweets!

and I really felt a bit at home today.. (edificio Austria...)! :)

Kate... before living here in Quito, she and her husband lived in Tansania for 5 years...
she used to be a waitress, a massage therapist and turned out to be a baker, specializing in sculpted cakes (see this for example: http://pinterest.com/allisonwiggins/sculpted-cakes/ ), as she is also an artist... a great personality who also loves to travel and I hope to meet her in Sicily next year and maybe (Kate, I'm positive!) in Birma in a few years... :) and a great story teller, we had a fun time this morning!


I have to tell you a story she told me about a friend who went to live in Paris for a while when she was young. this could be a Woody Allen film scene!! :)

:::
X decided to live in Paris for a while and was lucky to rent a private appartment in the middle of the city. and being Americn, she of course loved it! She decided to live like a real Parisienne and went out to the local market close to her appartment, with the typical basket on her arm and bought a bunch of flowers, a bottle of wine, a cheese, a baguette.. she couldnt have been more happy and was feeling SO Parisienne, she was enthusiastic! what a great city, what a great market, oh how Parisienne I am!
on the market there was also a stall  with rabbits, oh how sweet those litte pet rabbits were!
the man who sold them asked her which one she liked most and if she wanted to have one! and she said yes! alittle pet rabbit for my paris appartment would be nice, and pointed on one.
the man took it, broke his neck, hooked it, skinned it, wreapped it into paper and handed it to her. she was so shocked that she could not even say STOP or anything else, and went home almost paralyzed where she forgot about the flowers and bread, opened the bottle of wine more or less immediately after breakfast and drank it as a whole just out of the bottle.
she was crying all morning, thinking: I am not even here for 24 hours and I KILLED an animal!
...

I had a good laugh about this sad story :)

:::

After, I went to theprivate house and  museum of the famous Ecuadorian painter Oswaldo Guayasamin  which is situated in a GREAT and BIG villa above Quito.‎

and also to the capilla del hombre a big monument filled with his work
www.capilladelhombre.com


:pics:

Looking for my way, I met a girl who looked Ecuadorian but turned out to be from Vienna!
her mum is from Taiwan. She is volunteering for 8 weeks in this museum before starting a history of art study in Vienna and gave me a personal guided tour through the house, thank you Lilly!

After, another fascinating young woman from Belgium, when I finally got my pedicure after 7 months:)
Matilde is volunteering with street children here for 4 weeks. She used to stduy sociology in Madrid and will go to Australia after summer holidays...

Well I have to admit I would like to be 20 again and have all these chances, and, most of all, this courage, to just conquer the world! like all those amazing travelling and working and stuying and experiencing young (and oldeR) people I met everywhere during my trip... it opens your midn and shows you what is possible. just DO IT!


To the national museum after, inhaling a bit of Ecuadors interesting past and art...

:pics:

In the late afternoon I enjoyed a great sunset lookout from a hilltop restaurant with another biiiiig fruit juice :)


and I am tired again and happy that I can use Delia's computer.

More to come soon!
buenas noches
yo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen